Three Rivers Ranch
The Lodge at Three Rivers Ranch
One of the West’s Great Fly Fishing Ranches
Three Rivers Ranch is a family run fly-fishing destination neighboring the Targhee National Forest. We are an hour’s drive northeast of Idaho Falls, Idaho. From complimentary airport transfers to return trip drop-off, your every need is seen to by our efficient and amiable staff.
The Three Rivers Ranch Lodge dining room is a historic building in its own right. The lodge itself, dates back to the early 1930’s when Fred and Berta Lewies, Lonnie’s grandparents homesteaded in Warm River and started a family business. Back then, the lodge served as the base for Fred’s store and the Warm River Inn. During this time the railroad ran right through the lodge property with tourists on their way to Yellowstone National Park.
In 1974 the lodge was refurbished to keep the same charm as the original building. Three Rivers Ranch guests now enjoy gourmet meals and swap stories of their day on the river in this charmingly historic lodge.
The lodge’s bar of polished logs and weathered wood is a natural setting for making new friends and for catching up with old ones. Wide board floors and Oriental rugs, leather furniture, all tied together by an immense coffee table create the perfect atmosphere for unwinding while you sip an after dinner brandy.
The Accommodations at Three Rivers Ranch
Indulge yourself in the perfect accommodations for your western fly fishing vacation. Seven secluded cabins are each nestled a stone’s throw from a private section of Robinson Creek and a short walk to the main lodge. Privacy and small guest capacity add to the exclusiveness of Three Rivers Ranch. Each quiet cabin allows you to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life as you relax and recharge during your stay.
Cabins are well-appointed with warm and comfortable furnishing and a nod to western antiques. Luxury bedding, arm chairs, signature toiletries along with a complimentary bottle of Idaho wine upon arrival are just a few of the meticulous details you will appreciate. There is ample storage for clothing and gear, and even nice touches like personal rod racks outside, yet under cover. Enjoy a hot cup of coffee or an evening cocktail on your own private porch as you listen to the river rush by while soaking in the scenery that is just about as close to heaven as you can get.
Located beneath a wooded mountainside, across Robinson Creek is Robinson Lodge. This hideaway is perfect for couples, families or corporate retreats. Robinson Lodge features four private bedrooms each with private bath, a full antique bar and pool table, full kitchen and plush living spaces. Like the cabins, there are also various deck and porch spaces for unwinding and enjoying your spectacular surroundings. Although equipped with a full kitchen, all meals are still served in the main lodge. However, upon special request we can arrange for your group to enjoy private dining at Robinson Lodge.
- Our Robinson Lodge sits in a towering canyon along Robinson Creek just a short walk on the private riverside pathway.
- Sit and relax listening to the birds and the sounds of the nearby creek. No, it’s not just for looks! It fishes pretty great throughout the entire fishing season.
- All meals are served in our main lodge; however, you’re more than welcome to use the kitchen or enjoy your meals in the Robinson Lodge. Should you choose to dine in private, our chef will make you meals to remember and our staff will provide everything you need to make your dining experience one to remember.
- The Robinson Lodge has a reletively open floor plan on the first floor. The game room has a pool table, poker table, and laundry facilities.
- The Robinson Lodge has 4 separate bedrooms with 4 1/2 bathrooms. All bedrooms have a western cabin decor with two beds in each room. Sink into the comfy beds with luxurious down pillows & comforters with luxurious linens. Each bedroom has a private bathroom.
The original homestead was built around 1908 by Lonnie’s Grandparent’s Fred & Berta Lewies. It not only served as the summer home for the Lewies family, the porch was used as a dining area for tourists visiting the region and Yellowstone Park. It was partially restored in the 1980’s by Lonnie’s father Harry Lewies, to which Lonnie completed restoration in 2012.
The Homestead is located across the Robinson Creek foot-bridge on the property. It has an open floor plan with one queen bed & two twin beds, a sitting area, one bathroom, and a walk in closet.
The Dining at Three Rivers Ranch
Dinging at Three Rivers Ranch is an incredible experience in its own right. Bring your appetite and prepare to be dazzled by delicious gourmet meals with our own western flare.
Start your day off right! Breakfast is served each morning in The Lodge dining room and features such classics as pancakes, sausage, eggs to order, a variety of cereals and homemade granola along with fresh fruit, and delicious homemade pastries.
Lunches are prepared daily and packed for you and your guide each morning. Enjoy lunch riverside at the picnic table and chairs your guide will provide. Lunch dishes range from; marinated flank steak & caramelized onions, Italian grilled chicken breast with mixed greens and feta cheese, hot fajita strips with homemade tortillas and sautéed peppers & onions, to smoked turkey breast on homemade bread with pesto mayonnaise & cranberry compote. Each lunch is sure to fill you up and leave you completely satisfied.
After a spectacular day on the river, unwind and enjoy delicious hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hour. The comfort of the lodge will relax you as you reminisce about your day and the beauty of your surroundings. Dinners are served family style on fine china and good wine is poured freely. From prime rib and rack of lamb to organic homemade arugula/goat cheese ravioli in a pancetta pink sauce, each multi-course meal is sure to be delightful and abundant. After dinner, satisfy your sweet tooth with our signature desserts.
Parties also have the option of dining well after dark, which should come as welcome news to anglers who enjoy fishing evening rises uninterrupted.
Among the highlights of the week is an outdoor barbecue where guests and their guides mingle under an Idaho sunset while overlooking Robinson Creek.
Breakfast is served from 7:30-9:00 a.m. Our fresh breakfast bar includes a variety of cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee or tea. Each morning also brings a variety of delicious breakfasts to enjoy such as:
- sourdough blueberry pancakes, homemade red pepper and beef tamales, bacon and sausage
- made to order omelets, bacon & sausage, hash browns, homemade cinnamon rolls
- eggs benedict, bacon, homemade banana nut muffins
- waffles, bacon & sausage, hash browns, and fresh cranberry almond muffins
- french toast, bacon & sausage, homemade bran muffins
- eggs to order, bacon & sausage, banana bread or strawberry muffins
Lunches are served streamside at a picnic table your guide will set up for you. Here are just a few examples of the delicious gourmet lunches you will enjoy at Three Rivers Ranch:
Lunch Sample Menus
- Lunch One
- Marinated flank steak & caramelized onions, hoagie bun, swiss cheese and hot au jus, potato salad, and pecan tart
- Lunch Two
- Italian grilled chicken breast, spring mixed greens, feta cheese, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, sliced green & red peppers, hard-boiled egg,& vinegar, ranch dressing, homemade rolls with sides of peanut butter & strawberry jam, and cheesecake with fresh fruit topping
- Lunch Three
- Hot fajita strips with peppers and onions, tortillas, sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa, tortilla chips, sliced watermelon and fresh chocolate chip cookies
- arugula salad with cranberries, pine nuts and blue cheese
- grilled leg of lamb with caramelized onions, lemon demi glaze, mushroom risotto, garlic white wine asparagus, and rosemary flat bread
- Fresh strawberry & rhubarb pie, a la mode
- mushroom soup with herb croutons and sour cream
- garlic roasted prime rib with au jus, kosher salt rubbed baked potato, baby peas in an onion cream sauce and beer bread
- crème brulee
- spinach soufflé
- lentil soup
- hand-made goat cheese-arugula ravioli in a pancetta tomato vodka sauce,
- challah egg bread
- almond chocolate chip meringue shell with warm chocolate fudge sauce, whipped cream and almonds